Pages

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Holiday Cards Workshop- Day 1

Online Card Classes Holiday Card Workshop 2014 is helping me get in the swing of Christmas cards. Thank goodness because I need to get going!

Day 1 was just amazing... so many ideas! I tried Kristina's technique, unsuccessfully by my standards- so will need to put that on hold. I see the 3 Wisemen with the snow- but just could not get it to work ...yet! Of course I am working without the full stencil and I am very new to embossing paste.. I know... EXCUSES!  I needed to be successful with something to continue.

So my next favorite was Jennifer's tree. Here's my take...

Once on Kraft paper...


and next on white....


One addition is the thin strip of glitter that I added to the side, the yellow star with a gem in the center. I did make a stencil like she suggested for the trunk and also for the star. 

Unsure of which backing I like best, I made 6 of each! The process went pretty fast after the arranging of the original "puzzle." I used red and silver stickles for the detail on the tree, gold Wink of Stella on the star with distress as the base and sentiments from many sets! They were a pain to put back... btw :)

Without going into too much detail, I wondered about other shapes, wreath, stocking ... but I have 15 cards DONE!!! AND I like them!

Thanks,  Jennifer! My next tackle (tomorrow) is Santa and a chimney...

No comments: