Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Belated Thank You

After Christmas, I had a visit from a family whose middle school child I had been tutoring for just about a year. We stopped about a month ago since when it became apparent the child was not really invested.  Seemed to me one of us was working a lot harder than the other. After weeks of not doing the reading or even trying to get it started I decided to cancel our time together. I have never been good at enabling!

They surprised me with a lovely dish garden with an orchid, poinsettia and various greens.  I have been remiss in not sending a card. Here is the one I decided on...


It is stamped on SU natural white and the base is also the same. It has flecks of color in the paper, which is different. White snowflakes and greeting were stamped in Versamark and embossed with seafoam white. Using SU inks with Perfect Pearls  mixed in, sponged with Certainly Celery, Summer Sun and Ballet Blue. The ribbon added just the right touch for the base.

The volunteering was good for me, but I need to feel that the work is not only appreciated, but makes a difference. I am hopeful that I can find a way to give back to someone that really could use the reading help. I do think I can make a difference, but the child has to want it too!

No comments: