Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Gift Cards

What do you get as a gift for someone that has just about everything?? Well, I took the advice of my daughter-in-law and got gift cards to ski. But then - how to wrap it up?

Enter the Circle Card Border die from Simon Says Stamps! I had no idea how much I would use this die, once I discovered how! Here's the gift cards...


I had to make three. So once I got my idea and measurements, they worked up pretty fast. The original cardstock is 3.5 x 9  3/8 " and then scored at  2 7/8, 3, 6 1/4, 6 3/8. The scoring allows for the tri-fold card to have room for the gift card in a vellum envelope. I folded the card base, which is SU Bashful Blue.

Then with  glitter paper I cut  the Simon Says Stamp Circle Card Border die, marking where the circle would come on the card front and also on the middle panel.  Using the circle die from Circle on a Line (also from SSS), I cut the circle twice, once on the front edge, and once on the middle panel.  

I cut the PTI Snow word die and a Lil Inkers snowflake die also from the glitter paper. The belly band is vellum cut at 1.5 x 9" scored at just about the same spots as the card. 

I tried my new product, Stamp and Bond to add glitter to "happy birthday" from SU Birthday Whimsy.  First stamping the greeting in Versamark, heating the Stamp and Bond to melt, and quickly adding the glitter it went smoothly! I then burnished it with my finger. Next time, I will be sure that the greeting is a little larger in size to show up better, although I was okay with the results. My photo isn't the best to show :)



The gift card is secure in a vellum envelope, cut from SSS Gift Card Envelope die. I cut off the top and used a punch to make a notch to pull it out easily and adhered the whole envelope to the inside of the card. I love how a cow shows through! It's called a cow card from Wachusetts Mountain.




I also got to use my envelope maker to make just the right sized envelopes from patterned paper, since these cards are for a party and don't need to be mailed. I will definitely be using these dies and materials again! 

Sure hope they like them! 










No comments: