Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

April Birthdays

Both of our sons-in-law have birthdays in April, actually only one week apart! Chris will be 33 on April 14th and Steve will be 42 on April 21st. Our daughter's both have chosen their life mates very well, and they do feel like sons!

Chris is a proud dad to two wonderful daughters, and it has been not the easiest year this year for the family. So I am wishing him a better year to come with this card...

Using patterned paper, the birthday die was cut through two sheets, the patterned paper and anoother sheet of white. Then inlaid on the patterned paper using the card base as the support. The candles are die cut on white and then stamped, the flames are actually silver glitter paper with gold colored on the centers. 

The greeting Happy was embossed first in white, and then I stamped black on top of it. I don't think the white was as impressive! This card took forever, because I just wasn't happy with the result!


Here's my card for Steve from one of my Online Card Class 3 projects:


The candles are cut and inlaid on the black layer. The flames are actually embossed with gold embossing powder. The candles are inlaid and so is the word happy, all with either patterned paper of layered paper that I created. Here's the link to the original homework project for the card  OCC3.

Next Easter for Mom...


No comments: