Catching up with class since I was away for a few days, was so much fun! Here are my examples...
After many (MANY :) failed attempts, this was my final product. The card base is Neenah Desert Storm, with a black layer on top. The candles are die cut into the black and inlaid with patterned, plain and striped paper (made by piecing the strips together). The word "happy" is also inlaid with the same patterned paper as the candles.
Not even going into what products were used... except for PTI candle dies.
My thought was to emboss the gold for the candles, and use the stamp to give the metal feel. It was very difficult and to tell the truth, I just didn't like it! So here is what I settled with. The twine was added to make me feel better about it! Ha!
Thank goodness my results for Day 3 were much better!