Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2014

CAS3... Day 4

Masking is one of my favorite techniques for cards. I am not so likely to use background stamps though. So this was a fun day in the craft room for me, reminding me of techniques and trying new ones too! 

Here's my first try for day 4's lesson ...


Jellybeans for Easter! I masked off the shape with post it tape and used the lattice background stamp with SU Sahara Sand. The jelly beans are stamped in a variety   of inks and the background is sponged with Distress Wild Honey before the greeting, Happy Easter from Paper Smooches.

Next...

After masking the large rectangle and cutting the center oval as the inside mask, I used PTI's Miniblooms stamp set, to layer the floral design using many SU colors. Then sponged the entire area with Distress Wild Honey to define the edges.


Removing the center mask, I cut the stamp to center the greeting better on the space provided. I like how the script comes off the intended sides on birthday!


Clearly I enjoyed the experience... putting layered flowers on the card inside and a matching envelope. I am intending to use this for my daughter's birthday on Thursday!







1 comment:

Nora Noll said...

So pretty!! I really love your use of this technique and the fun matching envelope!!