Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

CS3... Day 5 Iron off

Have I mentioned that I hate ironing? So when CAS3 had the first technique as iron off embossing, I doubted I would ever try it, although it was introduced by Jennifer McGuire and I do love her work...

So the new drapes arrived today and ... yes, you guessed it... they had to be ironed! Now I had no excuse ...



In her example, Jennifer sewed the front of the card to the back to keep it one layer. I felt like I got out the iron, it would be too much to also get out the sewing machine!!! So the watercolor paper is added to the Neenah Desert Storm card base :)

Using the same techniques with Distress inks and clear embossing powder as on the video, the greeting was stamped from PTI Big and Bold sentiments. Ironing off the embossing really is fascinating, especially from the sentiment. If I use this again, I think I will try to mask the rest of the card instead of embossing it, because it was the most difficult part to iron off. 

I am wondering if it would work as well and will certainly give it a try. I think it looks rather plain and will add ribbon or embellishments before I use it. Love the watercolor though!



No comments: