Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2014

St. Patrick's Day

Top of the mornin' to ya... Erin go Bragh! 

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I love to send holiday cards to the kids and grandkids... probably relates to the O'Brien side... (hence the nickname OBee :) and that rich Irish heritage. I may have married and changed my name - but I will always be an O'Brien! I certainly want my children and grandchildren to know their strong Irish background.




I masked off the center of the card for the pot of gold, a technique I saw Kristina Werner use in a video. This is not a one layer card, with a black met. I wasn't sure about the googlie eyes of the leprechaun, so I drew them in on the next one. 

I also added a black line to the top of the white because I felt like it needed something else...


This is a single white on the card base. I added the black outline to draw interest. I need to change those leprechaun eyes though back to the googlies!  

PTI's Luck of the Irish stamp set for inside sentiment and Heart Confetti die was used for the shamrocks. I cut the solid shape from SSS Nautical Border stamp set bending it for the rainbow. The greeting is from Hero Arts CL498 embossed with gold embossing powder. The paper color is SU Crumb Cake , SU Old Olive and Recollections All Seasons Patterned Paper. 

The pot is made from punches (Circle, label) as is the leprechaun ( Circle and scallop). I stamped Versamark on white paper, embossing it with gold before cutting in 3/8" circles for the gold coins. I know for next year I am investing in a leprechaun stamp, I have seen a few cute ones!


No comments: