Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Erica's Birthday

For some reason, I am not quite sure why, it can take up to two weeks for my cards to get to my son and daughter-in-law. I wonder if it is because they are handmade, maybe the envelope is a little thicker? I almost always add extra postage. Last year Erica told me she thought I wasn't going to make her one. Broke my heart...  She finally got it weeks later! So this year, I am sending her card very early...

Here it is...


I used PTIs Flipping Out stamp and die set. Erica loves flip-flops, and we will be just returning from a beach week with their family. So this is perfect...

This card is one that I made using the same pattern as I used for Gracie's birthday card in January. Here's the video link for the pattern..  Julie's video.

The SU Crumb Cake card base is 4 1/4 x 10 7/8" scored at 2 1/2 and 6 3/4. The directions are very specific on the video so I won't reiterate, but the circle punch is 2 1/2 and the scalloped punch is 2 3/8.  

The SU Caribbean Blue flip flops are stamped with SU Always Artichoke after the die cut. I used foam squares to add the black strap and the flowers with a rhinestone for added bling! The patterned paper blue is something I had around, looking like water. I used a border punch for the front flap, and attached twine under the pattern paper, wrapping around the back of the card before tying it. 

The sand dollars and starfish are from WPlus9 Guiding Light stamp and die set. The greeting on the front is "Life is better in flip flops!" which is embossed with detail white embossing powder. 



I know that after a vacation week at the beach and the hard reality of getting back into the swing of the normal routine, we will all be wishing we were in flip flops!


I just love how this card came out... It is my favorite flap fold card so far.  Hope Erica likes it as much as I do!   


Aren't we blessed to have a family that wants to spend time with us, to take us on their family vacation?


1 comment:

Brenda said...

What a cute card! I love the sand dollars, they look real!