Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Valentine, valentines!

I do so love Valentine's Day!  It is the holiday that was always my most favorite when teaching...

Here are the cards for the grandkids:

These are the 8 valentines for the kids. There are different ones for each child. I used SU Hearts A Flutter die to cut the front window, then embossed it in white.  Paper Smooches love die is layered one red and one black; PTI's Tiny Treats for the picture that shows through the windows; PTI zipper die for the Tiny Treats hidden sentiment.


The corners are rounded with the Corner Chomper. Now for the tricky Baker's twine- I attached in under the zipper layer, and then pulled it in the back and around to the front before tying the bow with the name heart. SO to open the card, the twine just slides down and you never have to untie the bow! 

So clever, but really it wasn't the plan- just worked that way!

The hearts are from SSS Falling Hearts die in pinks and red. This cute little bunny is for Thomas, and under the zipper it says ...

"Some bunny loves you! Be my valentine!"

Now the nice thing is that these are so small that they'll fit in the cards for their parents!

Here are the adult valentines...


Again I used the Paper Smooches love die, layered with 4 black and 1 Real Red on top. The stars are from the SSS Falling Hearts die as is the bottom layer, topped with a black ribbon. The inside sentiment with the "you" die in one layer black and a heart from the SU Hearts A Flutter die.

This card is going to all three of our children and their spouses, and to my mother in a nursing home.

Adult card number two has a heart embossed layer on a white card base. The SU Hearts A Flutter die is stamped with SU Real Red on white cardstock. The second layer is cut from the smaller Hearts A Flutter die in Real Red, and the PTI Tiny Treats sentiment is embossed in white. Wink of Stella is on the red hearts for a bit of glitter.

I just love the red and white with black.




It has a simplistic elegance that I like so much better than the picture shows. I am sending one to our neighbor who is in assisted living, and another one much like it to our very close friend, Cathi, who has been going through a very difficult time. 

Wish there were other ways to help friends when things are totally out of control... Helps to make me realize how very blessed I am!


No comments: