Pages

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Valentine's Day

Getting ready for making valentines- I have always loved this holiday... a chance to tell folks how much you love them! What's not to like??

Here's my new one for John....

I just love that floating valentine! I do not have the SU thinlit die but really wanted to make this fold! So I patterned it after the birthday card for Gracie...

Love how it came out, even though it doesn't come out in the photo.


The cardstock is white 110 lb, cut to 5 x 11"- folded in half, 5x 5.5".  I cut the smallest framelit through the middle of the folded card. Now working with only the front of the card, I marked the halfway point, cut another framelit (2 up in size from the original) through only half using a shim. 

Then fold that section back to make the front cut stick out! Soooo cool! Tricky business... I again used a lot of paper getting this right. Now I've got it though!


Then I made some frames by doubling up the framelits with black to edge the opening and hold the baker's twine on the hearts! There are three hearts adhered together hanging on the twine. I love how it worked out! Next using Recollections paper: All Seasons Collection, I cut the sizes to just fit the card.


Now I need to make valentines for the grandkids... FUN!

No comments: