Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

More January Birthdays

Our neighbor's sister in England will be 94 on the 28th! Definitely rates a card...


This is the closed card with a snowflake brad holding it on the left. The idea came from Julie's video here, I started with a 4.25 x 8.5" paper. I pretty much followed the directions on the video although my border punch is different and I used 2 scallop punched papers to adhere to the added paper. 

The snowman is from SU Cold Play stamp set. The glitter snowflakes are from a small punch.  The sentiments are from different sets that I had on hand. I colored the snowman's black hat with Black Wink of Stella. Silver Stickles added a little dimension to the white around the snowman. Happy Birthday is embossed in white on the front.

The inside of the card is left for a note to Gracie. The color is Pretty in Pink with DSP for the first scallop. Here's what the opened back looks like...



We also have a niece that has a January birthday. She will be 34 this year. This card was very difficult to photograph because of its fold. I tried my best but really doesn't show how cool it is for real!


When the card is closed it looks a little crazy... but here it is! The window is open all the way through it. I do not have the SU Thinlit die to cut this design, but I was determined to make the opening! 

I started with a 4.25 x 8.5" 110 lb white cardstock. I folded in half and cut the smallest size through both sides. Then I partially cut through the front of the card with the two sizes bigger SU Label Collection Framelits Die using a shim. After folding it back you can see what I got. I made the other size frames with black and dotted yellow. I don't want to tell how many pieces of cardstock I went through to get this to work!! But I was determined...


As you can the see the front sectional has an embossed happy birthday layer, and the inside has a cupcake embossed layer. I diecut happy and birthday as well as three hearts to add some dimension to the card. The cupcake (from SU Create a Cupcake punch and stamp set) is held in place with bakers twine and appears to be floating. I cut the frosting from glitter paper as well as the light on the candle. The Hearts-A-Flutter, happy and birthday die cuts are attached with glue.

Not sure if I'd choose this again... although I can really see a heart floating for Valentine's Day, can't you?




No comments: