Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Getting Ready for March

Today is Valentine's Day and I had a great day getting ready for some of the March events with cards! I started with my daughter-in-law's birthday for March 1st. I really wanted to try the "swing" card that I saw a video for on Pinterest. It was so much fun to make and relatively easy...


Here is the folded front of the card. The middle "swings" showing the greeting when you open it.  Erica loves sunflowers so I couldn't resist two large Mixed Bunch flowers- doubled- and then cutting into the petals after punching it out. The DSP made a perfect center for the sunflower, as well as the second layer on the card base.


Here's the opened card with the greeting! I just love the technique! The cute little bees from SU Just Buzzin' By, corduroy button, baker's twine and the 7/8" scallop flower made great additions... after all I am O-BEE. The honeycomb embossing folder on the edge yellow is hard to see in the picture.

Here's a picture of what it looks like from the side. How cool is that? Colors are SU Summer Sun(retired) and Early Expresso paper. 

Then I moved right on to St. Patrick's Day! We'll be away so I need the cards ready to send to the family. I saw got an idea from Pinterest, and decided to make the large shamrock from the heart punch, then embossed in dot folder. Folded hearts together on one heart from the  Hearts a flutter die. I love the way it came out! I used Garden Green and Certainly Celery for the greens and a DSP green for the bottom segment of the card. The ribbon was ok, but I liked the little pearls better, covering them with crystal effects.



Still have a couple of birthday cards on my list of things to do, can't wait!

No comments: