Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

Birthdays

The beginning of March always puts in mind - SPRING! By this time we are so ready to see the beginning of the next growing season hidden under that blanket of snow!

Jessica's birthday, on March 21st began our journey as parents. We have been so blessed for sure with Jessica and the REAL start of our lives as a family.  And in some way I wanted to share that sentiment with my card.  


This is a closed front view of the flip/flop or swinger card. I used the Mixed Blossom SU stamp set and punch along with Just Buzzin By SU stamp set. The colors are Daffodil Delight and Ballet Blue. The cover is embossed with the honeycomb folder on the front and the small dotted swiss on the white. I cut a few honeycomb size fillers from the DSP to add some detail on the cover. The letters are stamped and then filled with crystal effects to look like a real honeycomb. I love the way the edge shows up when the card is opened!



Here are some smaller photos of the other views. I cut the bees and used dimensionals to make them pop up. Because I am OBEE it has an added significance (:  Happy birthday is stamped with curly verses, which I use all the time!  I am still trying to make the opened card look more together and in looking back, maybe should have chosen an orange and chocolate chip combo? 





No comments: