Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Mother's Day Cards

My mother is just amazing... I am so fortunate to have had her wisdom and experience as a guide for all of my life. In her last few years, life has not treated her kindly with strokes and immobility. I wanted to send her a Mother's Day card to brightened her spirits and make her smile, and I think the hummingbird will do that...

Although I got the initial inspiration from a card on Pinterest, this card is a collection of many ideas I have gathered. I have been anxious to try some new stamps and ideas out... Today I had time to do just that!
 


Starting with my new supplies of 110 lb white paper, I used the SU Hearts A Flutter framelit for the opening with the sentiment stamped inside the card. I used my new PTI set, Happiness in Bloom , and SU Best Blossoms, for the flowers and two of them overlap the opening and are layered with dimensionals. The love die is from PaperSmooches and I just love how it went over the opening in the card with the sentiment showing through. It's a little hard to see in the picture,  the side view shows it better. 

This view shows the dimensionals under the layers of flowers and the "love" die cut across the front of the card.



I added the hummingbird from the SU Amazing stamp set on watercolor paper and painted the colors to resemble the ruby-throated hummingbird from our area. We were actually treated to our first one yesterday!

Colors were Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point and Old Olive; I also used the leaf framelit with the dimensionals on the two flowers that were layered. The envelope is dressed up to match with "Happy Mother's Day" and two flowers.

As in the past, I send Mother's Day cards to my daughters and daughter-in-law. They are incredible young women and I so admire all of their hard work as mothers to our grandchildren. Truly remarkable!

No comments: