Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Thank Yous

One thing I have shared with friends is the belief that when I give a gift, it comes with a "no need to send a thank you note" guarantee.  Funny that I should end up loving to make cards, right?

So I don't usually send thank you notes to family. This year however, I decided to send them for the lovely Mother's Day gifts that were given to me. Here are the cards:



This pink hydrangea from SU's Because I Care set reminded me of the one that was my Mother's Day gift! It was so appropriate for the occasion and came out just the way I envisioned it in my head. I embossed the card base with the hearts embossing folder, stamped the hydrangea on another oval and pop-dotted it to the base. Colors are blushing bride, melon mambo, and old olive on whisper white cardstock. 



The tilted banner was sponged with melon mambo to add depth and fit perfectly at the bottom of the oval. I added the leaf and a few flowers with dimensionals after fussy cutting them and it did make a huge difference to the look of the card.

This thank you is a one layer card with some of the smaller hydrangeas in SU's set Sweet Summer. I used melon mambo and gumball green for the colors, with blushing bride for the lighter pink shade. I used Liquid Pearls spray on the pop dotted flowers to make them shine with that pearlized look. 

This thank you is also a congratulations for my daughter who just completed her Masters Degree work, along with being a fantastic mom to Campbell, 3 , and Lyla, 1! Amazing! I used the SU Eastern Blooms, and my favorite fromtilted banners die, with sentiments from my new PTI set!

In this side view it is easier to see the raised banner and the partially embossed card base. My first try with that technique, and I love the look! Also used some sticky backed ribbon that looked great with the cameo coral, chocolate chip ink  that I used. I sponged the layer with the blossoms with distress ink, peeled paint, added some little pearls to the center of each blossom, then finished it off with my corner chomper!

No comments: