Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Emma Rose is 8!

So hard to believe that Emma Rose will be eight on November 19th. She is really amazing and I just couldn't be more proud of her! Emma has always had a special affinity for My Little Ponies and now Equestria Girls... So I tried to add that to her card. Not my most successful addition... But my heart was in the right place :)

Here's the card...


Rarity is the name of the pony... which transforms into a girl.  This is another Magic Window card, with Rarity showing in the plastic window. The words "happy birthday" were diecut on gold vellum (hard to see in the picture). The base of the card is a patterned heavy cardstock with raised flowers. The added 8 candles are die cut with the tips embossed with gold embossing powder to look as though they are lit, then attached to the base with foam squares. I used Silver Stickles to make dots on the candles to match with the paper.

The ribbon has an "8" die cut and tied in the center, matching the pull at the top of the card to reveal a surprise when pulled up.


Rarity transforms into Emma by cutting and inserting Emma's picture to match the image on the front. The letters for her name and age are diecut using the patterned paper from the card base. The whole "Not Quite Navy" piece was then covered with Crystal Effects to give added shine. The heart-shaped bling in Emma's hair added just the right touch! 


The back of the card has a little embossed gift card from Simon Says Stamps die Circle Card Border, "Love U" was gold embossed from the matching stamp set. The clasp in the front was diecut with Avery Elle's rounded diamonds.  Inside is...


... an envelope (die cut in vellum) from SSS small envelope die which is holding an iTunes gift card! Love how that worked out! 

So I guess while this isn't my favorite card... I am hoping that it makes Emma Rose, my little artist granddaughter... smile!






No comments: