Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

Thanksgiving Cards

While I don't usually send cards at Thanksgiving, I did send one to my mother at the nursing home and one to a friend who could use a positive mailing. Love the PTI Gobble, Gobble stamp and matching die set...

Here's the cards:

Love the sentiments stamped around the outside of the card. The acorns are from the SU Autumn set and fussy cut to complete. I used the white pen to outline the tips of the tail feathers... maybe I have been watching too much Kristina Werner, because I really didn't need too! I used SU chocolate chip for the base, and a polka-dotted orange first layer under the pumpkin pie top layer.


I like the cream color so much better than the orange on the mat. The DSP is from SU in chocolate chip.  The mat is die cut from Lil Inkers and I really love the look! I made the tail feathers with Distress inks and water, then die cut the shape. Love the random look of the gobble in orange, first and second generation prints. Twine finishes off the acorns across the bottom of the card.

Oh my! I haven't started my Christmas cards yet... happens every year!




No comments: