Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2016

February Family Birthdays: John

Our son John, is just so amazing! He's the BEST son ever, always thinking of ways to make our lives better. He helps us to plan our finances, our retirement, and is a constant source of pride and... just ... joy! And what a remarkable father!

For his birthday, I wanted to make a card to help show how much we love and appreciate him. I know Sankaty lighthouse on Nantucket is a very special place for him, so I used PTI Guiding Lights for my card...



Using an idea from Pinterest, I watercolored Tim Holtz Watercolor Distress paper with Distress inks after cutting the lighthouse die out. Then I marked on a white card base where the image needed to be stamped to show through the cut.

The image inks with two different stamps, and I changed the image to match the lighthouse that I needed, as you can see below. 

Using the birthday swoosh die, it is attached on the watercolor paper. Although it is hard to see in this picture, the watercolor paper is attached to the card front with fun foam and foam tape, giving a real depth to the lighthouse. The top of the letters on "birthday" are actually floating free. The word "happy" is stamped directly on the watercolor paper. 


This picture shows a little better the dimension it gave... In real life it is amazing!

One of my all time favorite designs, and I made several for other birthdays. The sentiment inside says "Here's to celebrating you!"

What a blessing he is!

No comments: