Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2013

John's Birthday

My husband's birthday is July 9th and he LOVES baseball- especially the Mets! So the 7th Inning Stretch set from PTI with the matching dies was perfect for his card . I also watched Julie Davison's video (www.juliedavison.com) from her 5 favorite cards from last year. I could just "see" the baseball diamond on the front.  Here's my result:



The first picture shows the fold from the angle to see the inside. The front of the card made with SU Crumb Cake and is cut to make a baseball diamond. I cut a square from SU Garden Green paper, added strips of SU Very Vanilla, and punched the 1st, 2nd and 3rd base edges. Then I added a pitcher's mound and home plate with a circle punch. Bryant Gumble's quote is stamped on vellum with Staz-On black ink.  

I do not have the Stampin Up scoring tool, so I had to compute the dimensions of the fold from the size of the square. Julie's video is so great that a little math was not too difficult! The inside of the card is on Whisper White cardstock. The dies made the rest of this card so easy to put together... Adding the Mets-color cap and glove ... then I put dimensionals under the baseball allowing the flap to just barely go under it to close. The sentiment says, "Here's hoping your birthday is a Grand Slam!" I stamped "Happy" at the base spots around the sentiment and birthday at home plate. I used "stitching" around the inside to add some color.

It was fun to do, but not sure that I would try it again... It didn't quite match my vision!

No comments: