Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Thinking of You


My husband has a friend that is in the hospital with a rare condition that has him paralyzed from the neck down, unable to speak or move. Denis has been this way for over four months now. He is about our age and it happened so suddenly, although we do not know he or his wife very well. It is at times like this that I am so very thankful for the many, MANY blessings in my life! 

I was thrilled when John asked me to make a thinking of you card which is below:


I used the WPlus9 Guiding Light stamp set with dies. It is on SU Crumb Cake, with a watercolor paper for the water and also for the sky. I used Distress Inks, Broken China and Faded Jeans mixed with Perfect Pearls Mist, to "paint" the water, ripping the edges to look like the ocean foam on the rocks. I tried to get a picture to show it, but this is the best I could do!



I used just the Distress Ink blues to sponge the sky, with some Distress Wild Honey for the edges on another piece of watercolor paper. The gold light in the lighthouse is a Recollections gold rhinestone. Love how it looks here...The die cut rocks are layered in the front with foam glue dots as are the heron, pilings, and cattails. I used SU Basic Grey for the rocks and Staz-On Black for the lighthouse.  You may also recognize the birds from SU Up, Up and Away.

The sentiment from Hero Arts CL324 is on a strip of vellum cut to a banner, and the sentiment inside says, "sending you sunshine"  from the same stamp set. I hope that Denis and his family feel that guiding light on these dark days....





No comments: