Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Sympathy Cards

The most difficult cards for me to make are sympathy cards. It is always so hard to put the sadness aside and think of a way to send hugs to the friends and family that are going through such a difficult transition. Because I needed a card for such an occasion, I made a few to have on hand.


Our daughter and her husband have a dear friend that recently lost his younger brother. My husband and I both feel such a closeness to this guy and wanted to send a card. Here is my attempt at trying to relay our sympathies to he and his family...



I used SU Very Vanilla for this card. The second layer is dry embossed with the curly folder. The picture could have been better to show the embossing!  The top layer is stamped with SU Thoughts and Prayers, colored with Early Espresso, Melon Mambo, and Pear Pizazz. Each flower has a small pearl adhered with crystal effects.  The sentiment is Hero Arts CL342 and stamped with Early Espresso ink.  The inside sentiment is from the Thoughts and Prayers set and was perfect for the way we were feeling. All of the edges are rounded with the Corner Chomper. I really liked the effect of keeping the Very Vanilla  for all three layers. 

Here is the other card I made from the same stamp set:


As you can see I basically followed the same idea, just changing up the center stamp and here I added some adhesive ribbon from American Crafts to match. The three adhesive pearls from Martha Stewart are under the sentiment, which is also from the Hero Arts CL342 set. Because I liked the simplicity of the card and the sentiment, I made a couple of others to keep on hand.



No comments: