Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2014

July the Anniversary Month

There are so many wedding anniversaries in July for our family! So I really got in watercoloring mode with those new Penny Black Stamps!


First my sister on July 1:


Just love the look of the watercolor on the Tim Holtz paper! All of the inks I used are Distress inks. The backwash is my favorite Broken China, and the lilies are a combination of Spiced Marmalade and Wild Honey with some Barn Door added. The greens are Mowed Lawn and Peeled Paint.

I masked the paper before watercoloring and it made its own edge, then attached it to the card base with foam tape. The greeting is from Hero Arts and the image is from Penny Black. 

Wonder when I will tire of watercoloring???

Next anniversary is a celebration of friends in town for their 50th:


The difference with this is that there is no border and I added a larger masked area to color. It appears more vibrant and the speckles on the lilies are less intense. Love the watercolor look! 

I also stamped the greeting right on the card! On the first one my stamping was not crisp enough and I fixed the error with another layer. At least I didn't lose the watercolor image!

Happy 50 th Ken and June!





No comments: