Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2014

June birthdays - 2

Lyla Kate will be three years old this year and is such a force to be reckoned with! Here's her card...



I really wanted a card that showed Duchess, a mother cat and her eight kittens that we are fostering through their 8 weeks. Lyla and her sister, Cami have so enjoyed visiting them and helping to socialize them all!  We are almost through the fostering and will return them to Second Chance Animal Center so they can be neutered and spayed and be ready for adoption. 

So I pulled out SU's Zoofari, and turned the leopard into a kitten! The card base is PTI teal and the next layer is the patterned teal also from PTI.  Diecut circles with stamped cats on white -  then watercolored each to match a kitten and were glued to the patterned paper layer. Yes, all eight kittens are there peeking at Lyla! The teal paper made a perfect flap in the next larger circle size, adhered with a foam piece. I can just see Lyla flipping them open now!

The number dies are from Avery Elle and crystal effects added the sheen. I ended up not liking that, and made new circles, embossing the numerals in white for the final card (which I forgot to take a picture of before mailing it)!

Duchess is the black cat in the top right circle.  The center circle is larger with white embossing with the happy birthday message from PTI Bigger Blooms. I needed some bling for charm and added 3 stars- just right!


Now I have my college roommate to think about. I am really hooked on the watercoloring- and my Penny Black order came!

So here's my card for Cathi...


The card base is Neenah Solar White 120#. The background wash is with Distress Broken China, the Penny Black Stamp set is Blooming Garden. The greeting is from PTI Bigger Blooms. The watercolor paper is from Tim Holtz. The image is stamped in Distress Antique Linen, and then brushed with BarnDoor, Firebrick Red, Spiced Marmalade, Mowed Lawn and Peeled Paint. I also added some Wild Honey in the background wash to look like some sunlight.

Splattering has never been my favorite, but I do think I needed it on this image. And yes, I did sign it as suggested in the Watercolor class! Love this stamp in watercolor and it does look different every time!

No comments: