Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2014

June- first anniversary and birthday

June is the month to get ready for all of the anniveraries in the family for July-August, starting with ours on June 26th.

There are also a few birthdays starting with mine on June 2nd. There's also William on June 27th, Cathi on the 29th(my college roommate), Lyla Kate on June 30th, and Vic on July 2nd. He'll be 93 this year!

This year there is only one retirement that I need to make a card for, so I plan to use the "Amazing" card from the watercolor class. I do need to duplicate that card though, because I love it so much! It could really use many different sentiments.

My anniversary card for John:


Using PTI's A-Mazing stamp set this was a quick card to make. I did a watercolor wash with a new stencil from Heidi Swapp on the base, using Distress blue inks. It is a one layer card, and then just stamped the sentiment with the maze. The inside says, "I don't know, but I am sure glad we did!" Very appropriate for our anniversary!  

John presented me with a card and theater tickets to the Weston Playhouse FOR THAT NIGHT! So amazing and unusually for him to do that... we had a great time!

Here's my card for William, our grandson who just turned 7!


Using the same stamp set, I followed Laura Bassen's idea and die cut 4 layers of the maze, glued them and used sprinkles for the balls under a piece of plastic. Then I diecut the patterned paper from PTI's new teal pack, and adhered it with foam tape to give it the layered look.



Topped the whole thing off with some bling with sequins and stars for William!  The balls don't work as well as I wanted them to, and if I do this again, I will do at least one more layer of diecut. I was also disappointed that the maze stamp doesn't match the die cut! Crazy, huh?

Love the new teal color from PTI!



No comments: