Pages

Friday, August 22, 2014

First Day of School



Every year at the start of school, I sent our grandkids a card welcoming them to another great school year.  This year the event also coincides with Simon Says Wednesday Challenge. It will also work for Pretty Pink Posh's Cutting Challenge.

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blogcuttingedge





Here's my card...




I found some great patterned paper in my stash from Recollections All Seasons pack. Using the stitched rectangle dies from My Favorite Things, I die cut 4 rectangles in SU True Thyme paper. Then I inlaid the die cut patterned paper and put both on a card base.  

The embossed sentiment is from a stamp that I have had forever from a dollar bin at the store. The twine is the only embellishment that I used.

Inside says, "Hope your day is awesome!"

It is so hard to believe that summer is almost over! Even though I have been retired now for four school year beginnings, I can still remember the excitement of setting up that classroom and organizing the materials for the first day! I can almost wish I were going back to the kids... almost! 


8 comments:

Janis said...

Perfectly adorable card for the First Day of School! Somehow the colors seem just right, too. Wonderfully done!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Lucinde | Lucilight said...

Great card for school :)

Sue D said...

Very cute for back to school!

Unknown said...

two challenges in one, you have been creative :)

Sheryl said...

Perfect paper for that stitched die! That set's on my wishlist. :)

Teresa Kline said...

hi Obee! this is sweet, luv the twine and the design! So glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Mary-Anne V said...

Very cute...love the twine detail.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

what a great back to school card!