Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Make It Monday Challenge #176

I just love Laura Bassen's art and her videos! So this one spoke to me to try. I am too late to enter the challenge, but I did want to try the embossing paste!

Here's my take...


This is my first try with embossing paste that had reasonable results! Making a stencil with the PTI Background Basics Evergreens dies, I colored the embossing paste with reinkers from SU Bold Brights (retired) in 2 different greens. 

I first used the die cut to mask and watercolor the sky on Tim Holtz watercolor paper. I didn't wait long enough for it to try, and set the stencil down to use the colored embossing paste to fashion the trees. I also made a stencil for the single trees in the front. 

The thing I learned was to lift up the tool to make the paste raise up like the limbs of the trees would do. I love the look of it!  I'm not sure you can see but on the line of trees, where the sky was still wet, the green seeped into the wash... it actually looks more realistic!

I painted a blue landscaping line to simulate drifts, not sure it worked though! The snowflaker are from Lil Inkers and the sentiment is from Simon Says Stamps. I used the glitter paper pieces from the diecuts as snowflakes, as well as SU Mica Flakes, that are glued on with Multi Medium Gloss. 

Yes the temperature here was 42 degrees F this morning... reminding me that even if I am not ready, Fall will be here soon enough! 

No comments: