Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

September Birthdays

My brother's birthday always brings to mind the beginning of autumn. For me as a child that also meant school, cooler weather and other family birthdays on the way.  Since I have retired, I find myself not looking forward to that cooler weather, but remembering all of the family birthdays... and holding on tightly to that summer weather!

Here is Jerry's birthday card:


I was just fascinated by the wrap-around card idea from Cristina at the CASE study challenge... I used PTI's Mighty Oak stamp set, after two tries with the die! I wanted it to somehow work so the back of the card was stamped and the front was inlaid on the die cut. No way could I get it to work...So instead, I used the stencil (that I unintentionally made) to sponge color for the leaves, and stamped the trunk with SU Soft Suede. 

Moving the stencil, I sponged the leaves under the tree too. The SU sponged colors are Daffodil Delight, Real Red and Pumpkin Pie. With a clear Wink of Stella pen, I went over the leaves on the tree.

The Paper Smooches sentiment is embossed in white detail powder... then corner chomped edges as the finishing touch!

I am using this card for the CASE study challenge. I was so impressed with the wrap around idea... I just had to try it!  

Happy birthday, Jerry!


No comments: