Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

My Sister's Day

My sister has a birthday on September 22nd. It is a great chance for me to let her know how much she means to me- and that is hard to describe!

Judy has always been my older sister- just by a little! But that time gap has certainly shrunk over the years- and we realize more and more how connected we are- always! With Mom in a nursing home, I really keep connected by Judy's daily texts to let me know how she 's doing.

But it isn't just that, although that is certainly a lot! It is her concern for my family and all of our connected similarities- she is just the person I know I can always count on! And I want her to recognize the same with me-

Here's my card for her-


This card was made when my order from PTI arrived with Botanical Blocks I! Using Neenah solar white paper, I diecut the SSS Happy Birthday greeting and inlaid the PTI patterned teal cut of the same with Zig 2-way glue and Glossy Accents.  I did use Post-it tape on the reverse side to hold it in place as it dried. 

Using Tim Holtz watercolor paper, I stamped the flower in Distress Antique Linen and watercolored using Peacock Feathers, Broken China and Salty Ocean. The greens were Mowed Lawn and Peeled Paint. The same patterned paper for the greeting was also used as a layer under the watercolored paper.

When I use this technique again, I will take more care with the Glossy Accents. I feel like it left too much shine to notice. I wonder how Perfect Pearls would work if I painted the whole greeting side?

  



No comments: