Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

November Birthdays- Avery

Two November birthdays in our family... Avery will be 4 on November 4th and Emma will be 9 on November 19th.

Avery is the youngest in her family with two big brothers. She is an absolute delight! She loves the Boston Red Sox, especially her hat :) and anything that the boys like... funny thing about that! Her Halloween costume is the character Olaf, the snowman from the movie, Frozen. So that was my idea for her card.

I scoured the internet for Olaf pictures and this is what I ended up with... not the best, but it will suffice considering Avery's four. The tough part was getting his face right.... hence admitting that I am not an artist! And of course, the Red Sox hat didn't help that look.



The card base is PTI Tropical Teal with matching PTI pattern paper. I inlaid Olaf's white circles with a die cut on the patterned paper, also cutting the dialogue box shape. Then the greeting is white heat embossed with a "4" diecut added. I then went around the dialogue box shape with white gel pen.

Olaf's face and twig arms (cut from a brown snowflake :) are added so they stick up a bit. The Boston hat is from the design on Avery's cap...


The inside sentiment is cut from the same glitter paper as the snowflakes, and Avery's name.  Lots of places to count four! I added the flakes with a thin piece of plastic so they would stick out when the card opens to appear as falling. I did discover that I could use a set of alphabet dies in my future... The SU die that I have is a bit difficult to use...

Happy Birthday, Avery! Hope she can tell it's Olaf!!!

No comments: