Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

November Birthdays- Emma


Emma is our oldest grand daughter, turning 9 this year! So hard to believe... I can remember some of those very first days with her and her mom and dad just like they were yesterday...

One of her newest accomplishments is playing the piano. She is taking lessons and has memorized a song which she shared when we last saw her. We sent her a keyboard for her birthday to encourage her newfound talent and of course the upcoming Christmas songs.

Here's her card...

Again, I scoured the internet looking for ways to make a piano card. I found several but adjusted this site to suit my basic skills!


So the keyboard is actually one long fold with the keys added by drawing lines and adding the black rectangles. This side view actually helps to see it better.


I used the woodgrain white paper from my SSS order for the new online Holiday Cards 2014 and it was great! As you can see I inlaid the happy birthday greeting, and the die cut notes are added with strips of plastic folded to appear to be floating when the card is opened.

Hunting around in an old piano book from my youth, I discovered this "Birthday Greetings" music to add to the greeting! The only thing missing was the shaker card, which Emma is fascinated with... so...

On PTI Tropical Teal, I stamped the background from PTI Life's Music in SU Night of Navy.  With the PTI Building Blocks die, I cut the four rectangles.  Using a sentiment from PTI Inside & Out Birthdays I stamped in black on the white paper. What was so interesting to me was the back of the woodgrain paper worked perfectly for my idea.


Then using foam tape and a clear plastic sheet, I made a shaker card with gold and silver from the PTI Shakers Kit materials.


The one thing I would do differently next time, is to turn the sentiment the other way so the card opens like a piano. But lesson learned and I am still very happy with the way this card turned out!

Happy, happy birthday to Emma Rose Qinglio White!


No comments: