Pages

Saturday, May 16, 2015

May- A Birthday

My sister-in-law's birthday is May 17th. She is just such a special person. She and my brother have raised seven sons, all so amazing in their own right. My brother had a stroke about five years ago and is in a wheelchair, unable to do many things that I take for granted.

Carole is so unselfish and such a tender caregiver. Although she has lots of family to support her, the brunt of the hardship falls to her for his care. This is my card for her...


Carole loves gardening and has a real green thumb. Iris are some of her favorite flowers. So this PTI Fresh Flowers Stamp set is perfect for her card.

It actually worked up very fast! The two step Iris flowers are SU color inks, the lighter color stamped first then Melon Mambo on top. The center is SU Starfruit, perfect color for this! The greens are two step stamping of SU Wild Wasabi and Gumball Green.

The greeting is from PTI Mini Blooms, my favorite for birthdays and is finished off with 3 pink sequins.

Hope she likes the card, even though it will arrive a bit late :) Next time for this set, I'd like to try watercolor stamping or misting the stamp before applying.

No comments: