Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2015

June - Anniversaries

Anniversary cards are difficult for me this year, since we have one in the family that won't be celebrated anymore. Such sadness when a marriage comes to an end ...

So it was difficult to get going for these! Here is an overview of all of the patterns that I used...


The Heart Card is for our anniversary on June 26th, 44 years! It was made in February, the idea from Debby Hughes during the OCC, what she called paper cutting. It gave me the idea thinking of John.


The PTI Flipping Out stamp set card is one I made also from the OCC using one stamp set 3 ways. Very clean and simple... I liked how it came out so I made two more for our kids that are celebrating this year in July and August ... check it out here Annie card . This got my mojo going and I was ready to try something new...

So this is PTI's Uncorked stamp and die set. I masked off the border to make it one layer... that was my intention. Sponging Distress Antique Linen to show the border, I stamped the wine bottle in two stages, red then black and then the cork!



I really wasn't happy with the glasses though! So I die cut them and adding plastic behind the cut, I used red stickles to make the wine. Then I used the PTI Swoosh die congratulations and glued it down. Thought some of inlaid... maybe next time. Added the two hearts and left it to try!

But I am too impatient and the stickles weren't dry! What a mess... all inside the card. Hated to throw away all of that work! So I cut the back off and put the whole panel on Kraft cardstock and cut the glass die in the same place - Saved!


Then I tried again with a one layer...


Actually I made three of these for several long time anniversaries. The sentiment inside says...

"Love is like wine ... You know it's good when it gets better with time..." 

1 comment:

Wiebke Kommerell said...

The glasses look great with the acetate-"front" (first I thought they are shaker-elements).
I like the card!