Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving

All of our three children and their families will not be able to get to Vermont for the Thanksgiving holiday, only the two closest to Boston. After the amount of snow we're getting today, the kids will LOVE the sliding for sure! How do we keep the snow for the holiday??

Anyway,  I made  card for our daughter, Jessica and her family in PA that won't get here. As I was working on it, I thought of several other people that I should also send cards to if I get to make them.

Here's my card for Jessica:


If you've been looking at Pinterest lately, you'll probably recognize where I got the idea- from Susie B. at Splitcoaststampers.com. although I added the PTI Gobble Gobble turkey...

The card is 5"x7" which means that I also made an envelope to go with it. It is made on PTI kraft paper. I loved the three scoring lines on the front, marking the turkey's spot and the word - grateful. I think when I made another one I might try making score lines for each of the words. Maybe also embossing the 'so very" in white on one of the lines?

The words are die-cuts and "blessed" is attached with foam adhesive to make it stand out. I also die cut a heart in red with "So Very" handwritten in white gel pen to add to the greeting. A little clear Wink of Stella on the turkey... which was also done in kraft and stamped in brown, then sponged with Distress spiced marmalade. The turkey body is attached with foam to stand out from the tail feathers.

We'll definitely miss Jessica and her family ... I know they'll enjoy a few days in their new house without having to make the four hour drive! Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: