Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Birthdays

Great news today!  I was one of the lucky winners from CAS3 and will be receiving surprise from the drawing ... as if everything I learned wasn't enough! What a blessing... and I noticed that there is a new class opening for registration on March 31 on watercoloring. I wonder if it would ever help me get better at it?

April this year is so slow in coming... spring! Everyone I know has had enough of winter... Thomas turns 4 this year on April 2. I used this picture for my inspiration for him...


In his sunglasses with the shark costume, hugging his cousin Lyla Kate! Priceless! 

When 4-year old Campbell got my St. Patrick's Day card.. her comment was, "SO what does it do?" I guess I've sent the granddaughters a lot of interactive cards lately :) With that I mind... I considered young Thomas carefully ...


One of my favorites,  Avery Elle's Funky Monkey set (wish it had dies) , and the Zipper Die from PTI with Movers and Shakers  had the greeting, "a special birthday for a special kid!" under the zipper. He will love it!

The inside sentiment is "Look who's 4!" 

I used clear embossing powder on the monkey, sunglasses and bananas. The monkey and bananas are attached with foam squares. His name is with SU's letter dies in yellow, and the greeting is embossed with gold from PTI's Polka Dot Parade #12 giving it a bit of sparkle! 

The card base it Neenah Desert Storm with a black layer before the white. I still have two more cards for April, both of my awesome sons-in-law are April babies...

Today I played around with watercolor paper - free drawing daffodils, lilacs and forsythia with Copics from the Clean and SImple 3 class and Jennifer Rzasa's techniques. I am going to keep trying... 



No comments: