Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Watercoloring

From the Online Card Class, watercoloring is one of my favorite new techniques for cardmaking. I am determined to get better at it...

Here are my Mother's Day cards for the moms in the family so far...



I am using the original for Mom from the class here, these two are representative of crocus and tulips... I continue to work hoping they will get a little better! I do think a lot of the trick has to do with good watercolor paper. I am keeping my eyes out for the 140# paper. 

Although these are on watercolor paper, it isn't the heaviest and I do think that will make a difference. I can't tell you the number of trials these took! Many tries at forsythia, lilacs, daffodils and opened crocus... 

I think what I love about the watercolor is the texture of the paint on the paper and the detail in the color.It is remarkable the difference it makes in the image. So far the tulips are my favorites... so far...

No comments: