Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2015

February Birthdays

In the Wright family we have three birthdays in February- all belonging to our son's family! Mason will be seven on the 6th, John will be 38 on the 11th and Carter will be 9 on the 16th...

Mason and John's card I made during the Online Card Class, so the new one I did was Carter... our baseball enthusiast! He just loves pitching and can't wait for the season to begin this year...

I made a shaker card and actually made baseballs small enough with a paper punch to fit in the shaker! I also added some beads and sequins so it would really shake!

The stamp set is PTI's 7th Inning Stretch, which I have used a lot with the dies, too!I made the shaker first on the white card base, surrounded it with 3 layers of foam tape, and covered it with plastic paper. The "sandlot" is PTI Classic Kraft, the bases are die cut with the smallest double stitched square die from white. I even made a pitchers mound, knowing Carter would be looking for it!

The pattern paper was added around the frame. The bat is attached with a piece of folded plastic to give it the appearance of hitting the baseball on the front for a grand slam! 

Here's a closer view... you can see how it moves...



The greeting is clear embossed on vellum after stamping in black ink. The "diamond" made the card a bit wider than a standard A2, so I had to make my own envelope, 6 x 6 1/2."

Happy nine year old birthday, Carter Thomas!

Here's another shot of Mason's card... a shaker from PTI's A-maze-ing stamp and die set. I followed an idea from Laura Bassen and made a real maze shaker... not an easy task for me! Using five die cuts that are glued together, and covered with plastic sheeting, the smallest seed beads are the inside of the shaker.

The greeting is right on the pattern paper with black ink, and a piece with "MAZE" is white embossed on black paper to stand out of the word, A-MAZE-ING!

Hope he likes it!


And John's card... taken from a lesson in OCC #4, it was perfect for John! All the paper pieces are glued in place, also not an easy task, but I love the look of it!


Happy birthday Wright's!

No comments: