Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

OCC- Day 5 DIY inkpad

This technique has never captured my interest mainly because I don't have reinkers for my ink pads ... except for some old Bold Brights from Stampin' Up. After watching Laura Bassen's video, I was ready to give it a go! She is just so incredible, and got such amazing results- I had to try it...

Here's the result:


Not the same result for me for sure! I used SSS Nautical Borders stamp set, and repeated the dots from my DIY ink pad from the SU reinkers; Tempting Turquoise,  Real Red and YoYo Yellow. Not impressive... but wait...

Here's what I did with it!


Now I think that looks better! Using the PTI Amazing stamp and die set, I cut the die from foam twice and glued it together to make a shaker card! It is placed on top of the sheet of colored paper that I made with the reinkers! Really like the result but...

...that ** BLASTED ** shaker wouldn't work and I knew Mason would be disappointed on his birthday card! I used some very small shaker materials from the PTI kit. Too small and had so much static for the maze. Poor choice on my part... SO I had to regroup...

Here's my card...


SO I had to scrap my homemade design and start again! Using 5 diecuts from white 120# cardstock, I glued them to get the depth for the shaker. (Messy!) Then I layered a fun foam sheet under the patterned paper with a die cut for the circle. Building the shaker inside the cut on the foam, I made the rest of the card. 

The circle diecut around the shaker is cut with two of the new double stitched dies... which I love... cut from the same pattern paper pack "All Seasons" as the snowflake paper. It is a coordinating paper which looks great with the snowflakes. Makes me realize how I should use the pattern paper more often, with such a great result!

The greeting is popped up only on the word MAZE and white embossed on black paper. The word reads.. A- MAZE-ING... Here's a close up of the beads... and they do shake :) 


The inside greeting says... "have an amazing 7th birthday!" Mason has always loved mazes and I knew this card would just fit him perfectly! 

Sometimes when I have a real vision it makes the job ten times harder... I hope he likes it!



No comments: