Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2016

March Birthdays: Erica

Our daughter-in-law Erica, is the first March birthday. I almost consider her to be a February date because February is such a short month and they have 3 other birthdays at their house!

Erica loves sunflowers... so the new PTI Sunflower Cover plate was just perfect for her card!


This didn't come out as well as I wanted, but it was a good start. The die cut was on watercolor paper, which made it very difficult to cut cleanly. I ran it through the Big Shot several times to get a good cut. 

The I painted the die with Distress Inks and set it aside to dry. Using the same inks, I watercolored the card base, which would have worked better with watercolor paper. As it was it, did some warping, requiring me to use weights to flatten it. 

The card sentiment says, "Here's to celebrating you... Happy Birthday!"



No comments: