Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

More Birthdays a Comin'

So because we leave for Florida and none of my card making supplies are there, I needed to get all the cards I send completed before we left. So here are the March/April cards...

Using the same basic idea.. Tim Holtz watercolor paper cut to A2 size, die cut the lighthouse and then paint the background with Distress inks. I used the rough side and LOVE the dimension... Then mark where the building should be stamped in the card base.


Because it is more than one stamp, I needed to actually trace the cut. And it is not perfect! The red roof is some what off center, but really do you notice that? I just love this card...


Attaching the whole piece with foam tape gives an amazing dimension- look at the letters from the PTI Swoosh die just kind of floating! The word "HAPPY" is stamped on the paper. 

Using the same premise for this card, I am partial to that added look!


This is definitely my favorite go to stamp and die set so far... Now I need to make some cards with other sentiments to have on hand. Also while in Florida, I am planning to try my hand at painting some of my own freehand cards... we'll see how that goes! Birds.. fruit... the ocean, maybe?



Happy birthday Chris and Steve!

No comments: