Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

It's Been Awhile... The Start of June Birthdays...

Trying to get my mojo back for card making! I hadn't made a card for over three months! Where did the time go?

Painting... I am so interested in watercolor painting! Wishing I could be more of an artist in terms of drawing, but I continue to find real peace in painting, mixing colors - watching videos on YouTube. It seems to take all of my crafting/cardmaking creativity!

Our granddaughter Emma, had a piano recital in Pennsylvania on Sunday which we were not able to go to. So sad to miss it, but we did send a card to let her know how proud we are of her with cash instead of sending flowers. Her mom gave her the flowers. That was the first card I made since January... and I forgot to record it!

Now I know I have some birthdays, anniversaries and graduations coming that I'd really enjoy sending cards to celebrate. So I started by cleaning the craft room, as it always reminds me of why I love making cards; sending family and close friends handmade cards. So first up is a birthday card for a good friend- she helped us to secure a great spot for February and part of March in Florida next year!


Using PTI Botanical Blocks frames, and watercoloring PTI Favorite Flowers on Tim Holtz watercolor paper gave an amazing result for this iris. It is a classic color combination for them. I used the diecut for the sentiment and attached it with Zig pen glue. The framed flower is on a fun foam adhesive. The card base is SU Natural Confetti paper.

Happy Birthday, Kathy! 

No comments: