Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2016

June Birthday and a retirement ...

Love, love June weather- and this year it has started off so well! Memorial Day weekend was definitely the very best! We celebrated my birthday a few days early, actually still in May with family and friends. The pool was the biggest hit with 85 degree days...

Here's my card for a friend on June 10th. He's going through a very tough time with health issues right now, both he and his wife. I really admire how strong they both are... and count my blessings everyday!




It's actually a picture of the second card because I sent the original without taking a photo! PTI Guiding Light stamp and die set, the lighthouse is actually stamped with three separate stamps on the card base. Using the die, I cut it out from Tim Holtz watercolor paper, then painted the ground and sky. The watercolor paper is attached with fun foam and the lighthouse shows through the cut. "Happy" and the birds are stamped on the watercolor paper in black, "birthday" is diecut with black and glued on the paper with some of the letters leaving a space above the lighthouse. I love the dimension of this card!

Happy birthday, John!

And a retirement... a friend is retiring from teaching after 40 years in the same school library! Here's my card for her...


It is from a card class that I took some time ago, but the sentiment was perfect! The inside says... "All the best!" I need to make a few more of these to have on hand especially now that I seem to be connected to watercolor! This is PTI Flower Favorites and one that I use as a go to for several basic cards... I especially love the little bee in the corner...

Enjoy that retirement, Georgeanne... You deserve it!

No comments: