Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2016

More March Birthdays: Friends

Two of my friends have birthdays in early March, so this year I made cards with PTI WInter Woods. Usually at this time we still in winter and snow, although spring is just around the corner!

Here's the cards...

As you can see, it is a partial die cut stitched circle with PTI Peaceful Pinecones die cut on the edge and then stamped in- so it is all one piece. Then I added the bird, cardinal or chickadee to fit. 


The birches are added inside the card to show through the window. I didn't add plastic on the window, rather left it open.



The greeting on the front is embossed in silver, and then I felt it needed just a little more, so I added snowflakes, either embossed or diecut from glitter paper.



My favorite is the chickadee, seems more appropriate to the scene. When I found some white birch patterned paper, I tried it as a backer for the window.  I think I like the window open better.

The birthday swoosh from PTI is glued on with scor-tape, and "Happy" is stamped in black. The pattern for the card worked up pretty fast after the initial die cut. That was the hardest part!


Happy birthday, Jo and Judy!

No comments: