Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Friend Birthday

My roommate from college and I have recently started connecting after over 20 years. Not sure how we lost each other, but sure glad we're found. It has been so wonderful to make those links to what seems like a lifetime ago! Here is a card I made to send for her birthday:


My new set from PTI just arrived Pedal Pusher with stamps and a coordinating die set. It is as fabulous as I wanted it to be! I could see this bike when I first saw the set...

I stamped the bike on white paper... just to the right so the whole image didn't show. Then I die cut each of the components separately and added them to the original with dimensionals. The finishing touch is the brad center! I hope you can tell how it looks like it is moving on the paper...

I also sprang for the word dies and you can see that I put them to good use! The Fancy Fold Card is a new favorite of mine because it has so many options to add parts!




The paper is cut to 5.5"x 12" and then folds on 2, 4, 8, & 10" Then with the paper the long way you cut on the trimmer from the first fold (at 2") to the last fold (at 10") - turn the paper and do the same on that edge. Then by folding you can make three panels within the card.



As you can see on the last panel I die cut "birthday" and used another bike that was die cut and added to close on the fold to show when the card is opened. The flowers are from PTI Happiness in Bloom and layered on the paper. The paper colors are SU Pool Party and SU's DSP... The inks are Melon Mambo, Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz, Cajun Craze for the basket and Brilliance Graphite Black.

Happy Birthday, Cathi!

No comments: