Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Will's 6!

Our grandson, William, has his 6th birthday on June 27th. Hard to believe how quickly that happened! He is loving Angry Birds so I had to find a way to make that into his card. I downloaded the app and also looked on line... Thank goodness for Pinterest!






This was so appropriate for the fancy fold card. I used punches to duplicate what I thought looked like the red birds and green piggies! I drew the slingshot after seeing one on Pinterest and used the idea of a band around the bird with cording. I also had to make the structure to hold the piggies. 

The paper is SU's DSP and Island Indigo. Also used some grass paper from an old stack pack that I had. The sentiment is SU's Curly Cute and cut outs from SU's letter diecuts- Avery Elle's sentiment for Look who's 6.

I also used Distress inks to blend blue for the sky and backed the front panel with black and then chocolate chip. The Bird has google eyes and eyebrows- glued with crystal effects to shine! I hope Will enjoys it as much as I did making it!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Wonderful card for a 6 yr. old boy, Obee! Punches work so well for them at this age.