Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Happy Anniversary!

My husband and I owe a great deal to a couple that will be celebrating their anniversary on June 20th. They have treated us to a dream vacation not once, but twice in the last few years. I recognize that there isn't really a way to thank them and they will never truly understand how much their kindnesses have meant to us! Really life changing ... This card is a bit late but I think they are out of the country and will get it on their return. 


First I dry embossed the oval in the center of the card. Next using a mask of three 1.25" squares, I sponged Peach Parfait and Summer Starfruit in the spaces and the center of the oval. Then I stamped with Staz-On black ink the Pocket Silhouette designs and the sentiment. I stamped the hot air balloon on another piece of paper once in peach parfait with the basket in black. I cut that out and then stamped it again in peach and  then the second layer with black on top. Cut that out attaching it to the first with dimensionals. It is hard to tell in the picture but the bakers twine looks authentic as the ropes when landing!

The significance is that on our last trip with them we went on a hot air balloon ride and landed in a field that was just so amazing! Again, life altering - such wonderful people!




No comments: