Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

OCC Watercolor : Day 1a

Today I started doing the homework for the OCC Watercolor Medium Class. It finishes tomorrow, so I am trying to complete at least one project for each day so I am able to post them.

We have been away babysitting and then a respite at the Cape, so I am a bit behind :) Without giving too many details I will present my projects.

Here's the first with watercolor pens...

First I made a stencil with my new PTI pumpkin dies...


Then with the stencil I traced three rows of "staggered" pumpkins and watercolored each using the techniques somewhat like Kristina described, each row a little darker color of orange. 


I also washed the background in a lighter orange all over. Finally I stamped the vine and leaves using a "rock n' roll" technique described by Laura  Bassen later in the class. The trick or treat die cut in black really added a nice sentiment. 

The watercolor paper is adhered with fun foam on a classic kraft card base. I did use SU water based pens, although I scribbled them onto a block and then painted with a brush, I found they worked for this project. 


No comments: