Pages

Friday, September 18, 2015

September Birthdays

As September arrives, the weather usually reminds me of chilly nights and leaves starting to show some fall colors. This year we have been treated to some really warm temperatures, so it doesn't seem like apple picking yet.

For my sister's birthday, I went with an old favorite, watercoloring with Distress inks, also adding some stamped images with SU inks. I used Tim Holtz watercolor paper with different flower stamps, including my very favorite- SU Pretty Amazing, mixing and masking as I went along.


I masked the edges of the paper, making the border. The sentiment is die cut and adhered with glue. I added the sequins to give it a little extra shine. Used scor-tape to the kraft card base making it an easy to mail card. 


Our granddaughter Campbell, will be six on September 27th. I love how she enjoys getting the hand made cards! So on this one the wheels do turn, she is riding a two-wheeler with lots of skill! A big feat this year! We also went apple picking while she visited last weekend, so I think she'll enjoy the apples. 



The pattern is one I copied from PTI's Betsy Veldman on Pinterest, and I attached the bike with foam tape to make the wheels actually turn. The sponged background shows much better in real life...Here's another shot...



The fence behind the bike is difficult to see, but it is like the one at Cami's house. The "sponged" apple tree is actually a stencil I made from PTI's Mighty Oak with some different stamped leaves... and the apple from another set.  I die cut the "6" and stamped it inside.

If you look closely you see my blue mistake in front of the fence! The card base hit the stamp case- I refused to throw it away and start again! SO I added a few more apples...

Here's the envelope- Love how it looks like it's moving by second and third generation stamping the bike! This will be a fun card to mail and I hope she likes it!

I am beginning to organize my stamp sets to sell some on eBay. I just have so many that I really don't use any more. I just sent a big order to PTI for some Christmas stamps, and others that I have been waiting for. I'd also love to take that Watercolor class at the Art Center, so maybe by selling some stamps I can make it happen! Wish me luck...

No comments: