Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Thank Yous

It has been such a long time since I have added to this blog! And so much has happened in such a short time...

My 91 year-old mother who had been suffering from the effects of several strokes over the last four years, died on July 14, 2015. Although I was not with her in body, my sense of gratitude for her hard earned peace was overwhelming! It was the first day in over three years that I know with confidence that she is no longer suffering.

So many memories from family and friends .. lots of time just feeling family! We were all so blessed to have her in our lives for so long... she got to know grandchildren and great-grandchildren. What a spirit ... I was so grateful to have lots of thank you cards from my stash, many made during On Line Card Classes, to share with some very special people.

Here are a few of the new ones that I have made to replenish my cards on hand...

All three of these cards are one layer to make mailing easier. I masked off the border on the flowers, and stamped the blossom after masking the rectangle for the sentiment... masking again for the leaves. The stamp set is PTI Friends Til The End, and inspired by the blog... Cards by The Sea.



I left this one in outline form on the white... really like how it turned out. The colors are SU Tangerine Tango and the leaves are Wild Wasbi. The center is Early Espresso. Then I decided to try sponging the color to give a bit more color to the card. It looks better in reality than the picture, but I still prefer the former.


This was such an easy card to do, that I may try it again with some other sentiments, just to have on hand! The idea came from a Make it Monday video and I just love the all over pattern. 

This last design comes from one that Jennifer Mcguire showed in one of the classes. It has become my favorite go to for card making. I used the butterfly stencil and filled in the spaces with lots of smaller flower stamps, using three different colors of SU older inks. Love the result!


It feels good to be back in my craftroom working on something that gives me peace, and sends fun messages to friends. I am still enjoying the watercolor painting, although I am not brave enough yet to make them my cards! Maybe someday...

I know you are at peace Mom ... Keep sending me those good thoughts!



No comments: