Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

OCC Watercolor: Day 2 Paints

Have I mentioned that I LOVE watercolor painting??? Since Jennifer Rzasa's hummingbird in the first class, I have been on a mission to get better at it! I find it so very interesting to learn how the water works with paint.

One of my favorite card techniques is no line watercoloring with Distress inks. So this time I wanted to try something new... so the gold embossing just appealed to me. Here's my take on Dawn's lesson...


It is a little difficult to see, but I used PTI Friends Til the End stamp set, and made the flower a sunflower, embossing first in gold. The paint is Windsor-Newton Cottman tubes, I have the starter set.  The sentiment is die cut in gold glitter paper.

The watercolor paper is attached to a classic kraft card base. I didn't think I'd like the gold embossing, but I do!

No comments: